"For you are...His treasured possession." Deut 7:6!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Ice Exhibit!



ICE was the main thing I wanted for Christmas other then SNOW and I got both!


Ever since we went to ICE back in 2007 I have wanted so badly to have it be a part of our Christmas traditions.  We missed out last year due to being out of a job.  So I was ever so eager to get back this year.  The theme was "the Grinch who stole Christmas"  over 2 million pounds of ice carved, and colored to all the characters and story of the Grinch.  We love the story of the Grinch in our little family. 

As a special gift we brought along my mom this year.  I convinced(read: tricked) her into going down the ice slide at the end of the exhibit.  She was very apprehensive at first and then she saw me go down the slide ever so slowly and decided it would be safe.  The reason I went slow is that my parka road up my back in the middle of the ride and the friction of my jeans on the ice slowed me down.  But when she went down her parka did not ride up and she literally became the human torpedo.  She was even still sliding on the carpet at the end.  Hilarious sight.  She will never let me live down the fact that I tricked her into riding the slide.  Oh well...it's a great memory. After the ICE was over we walked around the hotel and took some fun family pics under all the Christmas lights.  I love making memories.  God has sure blessed me with some great ones this year. 




No comments: