My poor neglected blog! I never ever get on here anymore because I have facebook and all the other social networks...myspace(so long gone really), and then twitter. I am sure I have logged on to so many others, but I just can't remember my passwords to ever get back on.
I felt lead to fast from the social network for 21 days...so facebook is bye bye except for updating my business page. I am already feeling the withdrawals from my daily peek into everyone's lives. It really is my morning newspaper type of thing. I mean I go every morning with coffee in hand and see what all the local news or gossip is around the social world. Whatever am I going to do? hehe
The whole purpose of fasting is taking the time you would have been eating, or reading, or shopping, or watching tv, and spend that time devoted to personal time with God. A medititation of sorts. It is about sacrificing what you really love and realigning with the one that really Loves you.
So here goes...my morning will be spent in the Word. And my hourly check in will be with God instead of my bestest friends. I am kinda sad. Not gonna lie. I know that it is only by the grace of God that I will make it through without checking in on a minute by minute basis. If you think about me will you pray. I have been addicted to the social networking since I signed onto myspace in late 05 and I haven't really left my office since. hehe maybe an exageration, but maybe a slight truth as well!
God bless!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Fasting Facebook
Labels: fasting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment