just like the one I've NEVER had!"
It has been 80 something years since North Texas had its last White Christmas. Do you know that all my life I have dreamed of a White Christmas? I have prayed and everything and have always been disappointed when I woke up Christmas day to sunny and 70 degrees. Well ok maybe it has been colder then that and maybe we have even had white Christmas' in the sense of having a blanket of ICE. But in all my days it has never been a "true" white Christmas. So you can imagine the utter JOY that I felt when on Christmas Eve day it started snowing and blowing and didn't stop until late that night. And it was cold enough to stick. And even as I type this on New Year's Day there is still a leftover snowman section on my neighbor's lawn. It has snowed again since Christmas, but it didn't stick...this one snowball has been around since Christmas day. Crazy I know!!! It is only the size of a tennis ball now, but still it is leftover from the 2nd greatest gift I have ever received for Christmas. I do consider a white Christmas as one of the greatest gifts I could have ever received. Simply amazing!
Christmas Eve we had our tradition of having Doug's mom over for dinner. Doug always grills and this year dispite the 45 mph blizzard he was still a champ and got out there and made us dinner. Crazy huh:) We enjoyed our time with his mom and my mom. We exchanged gifts and had an enjoyable time of sharing.
My mom and her dog, Mattie, stayed the night with us for the 1st time ever. Since we lost Gene this year, my mom was all alone and we felt it was only right to involve her forever in our family Christmas. It was a tender time for all of us. We continued with traditions of opening pj's and decorating ornaments. Such fun!
Christmas day we woke up bright and early to open gifts, but I was more anxious about getting out and taking pics in the snow. Silly mommy. This year instead of reading the Christmas story my husband led our family in a communion. We broke bread in remembrance of our Lord and Savior's birth. It was amazing. A new tradition we will no doubt continue in the coming years. I am so very blessed to have a husband who loves the Lord and believes He is his Savior and Redeemer and King. One of the greatest blessings of this year was when my husband confessed that Jesus came into the world to die for his sins and that he believed in Him. Words don't even give that moment justice. Lots of prayers were answered this past year 2009.
Christmas night was spent with all the family from both sides. Everyone comes to our home with desserts and snacks and we have a family fun night. It was crazy hectic this year, and everyone had fun. We are tossing around the idea of starting a new tradition next year with all the family...due to the hussle and bussle of Christmas.
We are truly blessed with the tremendous Christmas season we just experienced.
God bless everyone in this new year! Twenty ten is sure to be phenominal!!!


3 comments:
Oh My Gosh! I love all the pictures!! I can't believe it either...I have lived here for 29 years never experienced a white Christmas! Hope you guys had a great one, and Happy New Year!
I have lived in Texas that long as well...wow!! Thanks! Glad to know I have a reader still:)
Grilling in the Snow was fun! I have to agree that 2009 was a great year in many ways. I think 2010 is set to be even better. God is good and he shows makes it known every day!
Grace and Peace to all.
Post a Comment