With all that I have learned about the Augustin family this week I pray that someday our paths will cross. They are an inspiration of faith, love, and hope. The home was completed yesterday and the family was welcomed back to their new home. Everyday last week I stopped by the homesite to document the process and was so captivated by all the kindness I saw. On sunday afternoon a young mom came over to the spectator section to visit with her mom and she was bawling. Apparently she had been there since 5am the day before and she was so emotionally and physically spent. These volunteers gave their all to make this happen for the family. Sunday night I decided to take some time and head up to the homesite by myself. I wanted to grab the best night shot possible of the house. While standing there the great northern cold front slammed into us on that open field. The temperature dropped from 80-39 in just under an hour. BURRRR!!! I walked home as fast as possible and mulled over in my head how crazy I would be if I went out to the site the next day for the reveal. Well folks I am CRAZY!!! I went at 7:30 am and stood in the friggin' below freezin' temps to document a lil' bit of history. The hottest PENNINGTON man I know, Doug, took one for the team and brought me some hot coffee, and the warmest blanket from the house and came and cuddled me for almost 3 hrs while we waited to see the 2nd hottest Pennington, TY. Ty was smarter then us cause he kept his toosh inside the house when he wasn't filming.
I stayed for some of the taping of the furniture delivery and around noon my legs started stinging and I couldn't feel my toes. So instead of facing frostbite I sadly dropped my head(in defeat) and walked home. It took all afternoon to thaw out. And occasionally I had the shivers up until my long hot shower finally thawed me out.
In the slideshow below you will see some pics from the reveal and move that bus. Those are not my pics. I have a photographer friend who I took the pics from. So don't be thinking this crazy chick went back out in the freezin' temps..nope not me! What a fun experience for me to be involved in. Take a look at my week in this slideshow! Hope you like it!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Move that BUS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Unbelievably awesome, Amy! Hope you're staying warm and toasty today! :)
wow, just watched the slideshow. looks like a lot of fun. when does it air?
Wow, that looks fun (except the cold part). I can't wait to see it when it airs. :)
I heard rumors of the show airing on Feb. 15th 2009!
I looked for you on the news last night, but I didn't see you. :( You are a trooper! I would definitely NOT be out there (as evidenced by the fact that I WASN'T) in that friggin freezin weather. I'm a wimp.
Thanks for freezin your tushie offffffff!! I loved the updates as my wimpy ars was home all snuggly!! Luv ya gf!!
brrrrrr -- looks like a "cool" way to spend a day -- frosty to say the least! glad you got to experience the "extreme"...with your shirt tail cousin! ha ha!
nana
Post a Comment