It's no secret that most of my life I have had a very klutzy disposition. Believe me when I tell you that I am not the friend you want carrying your great Aunt's beautiful china that has been passed down through the generations. I most likely will be the one to break that tradition in more ways then one. So it shouldn't surprise you now to know that I recently had another moment to add to my klutz list.
A couple of weeks ago I found this secret spot to take bluebonnet pics and I wanted to test it out on a friend and her family before I unveiled it to my customers. Wanted to see if the location was a safe place. We all caravan-ed quite a ways and hiked down a pretty muddy path that led to this amazing display of bluebonnets. I mean amazing. Anyways, there is this dirt path that winds around a cliff and on both sides of the path are huge patches of bluebonnets. Have I said amazing yet? Well the photo-shoot was going well, when I decided to bring out a chair and pose the family of four around it. I placed the chair on the extremely narrow and windy dirt path and then took one step back into the bluebonnets. As I stepped back I felt a pretty secure rock to put my foot on so that I could balance as I captured their beautiful family shot. Within seconds that "secure" rock crumbled underneath me and both my legs went above my head and I fell several feet down a cliff. I tumbled backwards several times and my camera flew out of my hands and my sunglasses fell as well. A log caught my fall/roll and I quickly jumped to my feet and grabbed my camera and shouted "I'm okay", "y'all smile for the camera". It was quite hilarious. My clients were shocked I just jumped up, but I wasn't. Photography is what I love and I was high on adrenaline at that moment. The shoot must go on.
The rest of that weekend I spent laid up on pain meds and icing my back and neck from the fall. I was pretty sore, but ever so grateful that I had a camera that still worked and my body wasn't damaged. Nothing broke.
The thought did cross my mind several times "why me?" Why does stuff like this always happen to Amy?
Fast forward to this morning during worship. One of the worship pastors got up and shared an adorable story about his daughter and how she never puts her shoes on the right feet. She always trips and falls. His little daughter 5 yrs old (if I remember correctly) came to him one morning and said she had a dream about Jesus and how she ran to Him and didn't trip and fall cause He was Jesus and well Jesus always catches us.
For a brief second I heard my heart break that God didn't catch my fall that day on the cliff. I actually get teary-eyed just thinking about this sweet exchange with my Dad this morning. I broke down with Him through my heart and said "why?". The most precious reply came back in a story form. His downloads are always so quick but take me forever to share...so thanks for your patience with this one.
He told me that my fall that day on the cliff was a "natural" picture of what had happened to me in the "spiritual" side of my life. He showed me that I was placed on this narrow path and that in an attempt to create my own perfect picture I decided to step off that path and onto a rock that was not secure. This rock that I put all my faith in, thinking it would hold my weight and support me was just a counterfeit of the real thing. And within a matter of time crumbled from beneath me and sent me rolling down a hill. I mentioned earlier that a log stopped my fall. As my Dad flashed this story in front of my eyes I saw my Savior hung on a cross saving me from my own fall into the wrong eternity. I saw my Savior catching me and telling me "it will all be okay you are safe in my arms." I just stood there in worship bawling like a baby. Arms held high in praise to the one who rescued me from my fall.
My heart is so full as I finish sharing this story. We have an amazing Father in heaven that loves us so much and wants us to be in constant communion with Him. He wants us to love Him with all our hearts and He wants us to know that He hears our every prayer. My prayer for all of you reading is that you feel His love so strongly that you can't help but fall on your face and thank Him for all He is in your life. He is our everything. God bless you all!!!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Catch Me I'm Falling!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Amy your post has me in tears! Beautifully written, beautiful heart and thank you for sharing your heart with us. God is so good and I love seeing and hearing what He is doing in your life.
Amy! I love it and I love He catches us and never shames us ... He covers us in every way from the fall and the reactions of the fall. You are precious to me and love when you write. Keep it up girl!
Great Love!
~Ris
Thanks for sharing this with us!!! Love you!
oh this is a beautiful analogy -- you are a true Daughter of the King -- what a wonderful story -- proud to call you my daughter, too!
Amazing!! What a great analogy. We may fall at times, but the Lord is always there to catch us and help us get back up. You have an amazing testimony Amy. All I can say is WOW!!! love, Cindy
Post a Comment