"For you are...His treasured possession." Deut 7:6!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Gene's Memorial Slideshow

My bonus dad passed away from stage 4 liver disease on August 19th, 2009 and his memorial/wake was just this past Saturday! We celebrated his life by having a wake instead of a funeral. Gene didn't like funerals and didn't want people to be sad about his passing, but instead celebrate his dancing days. Papa Gene was a jack of all trades. He was raised in an Catholic orphanage and when he reached adulthood he held many jobs. He was a taxi driver, hair dresser, worked at a printing press, dance teacher(which is how he met my mom), Marine, photographer, mechanic, father, and friend. He truly made the most of his life.





4 comments:

Crysta said...

What a guy with many talents! Beautiful memorial to him and his wonderful life. In my thoughts...

Melissa said...

He was so good to you and your mom. I know you are going to miss him but I love how you are remembering him and how wonderful his life was.

Meredith said...

You did a great job on this slide show. It was nice to see y'all last weekend!

Team Russi said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I love the "bonus" Dad term. What a great way to honor a loved one.