"For you are...His treasured possession." Deut 7:6!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Foot of Snow


I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that in Texas we received a foot of snow last Thursday.  So bright and early Friday morning my husband and I went out to take massive advantage of the photo-op.  He drove me all over creation.  God's earth is even prettier with a blanket of fresh snow.  And ever since I became His favorite daughter it sure has been snowing a lot.  I love love love snow!!


There is something so intriguing to me about snow.  It is complete peace to me.  As I watch it fall I am constantly shown a picture of perfection and cleansing.  It wasn't until this last large snowfall that I realized that snow is like God's love and grace for us.  It falls freely and covers every inch of even the darkest spots.  Just rest in that thought for a second.  His grace and love is free and covers every single inch of us.
Isaiah 1:18 "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;"


 


 Now that you have seen the scenery shots here are the pics of my fam in snow...they rarely look at the camera anymore so I am getting lots of candid practice.   



 

Doug loves the one on the top left with snow all over his hat...it is one of his all time favs.  
The truck is our neighbors, but I couldn't resist capturing the large amounts of snow all over it.
Father/daughter snow angels or punks as I called them that day.  They loved gangin' up on me with snowballs.
And the last pic is them shakin' the snow off our trees so they would break.  Relievin' the weight of the snow.
 

  

 My husband was so frustrated that he had to shovel his driveway...this shouldn't have to happen in Texas he kept saying...he said some other stuff under his breath while he was shoveling too..but this is a kid friendly blog so I won't repeat.  @#%*
  

flipflop girl represent.

massive snowball fight
 
 our snowgal wanted to be on the beach
  

 snowfall casuality
 

7 comments:

Crysta said...

Love the snow ball action pictures!

valgae said...

the pix are fabulous as usual!!

Meredith said...

Love these, they are awesome! I love the scenery pictures!

Crys said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crys said...

Finally got you back on my reader. not sure why i was out of the DAM pennington loop. haha. back in touch- thanks for coming over last night. you are awesome!

jenhatch said...

i seriously am SO sick of this snow!! but your awesome picture and post made me remember just how amazingly beautiful it is!

i LOVE that barn picture!! you are so very talented!!

Melissa said...

My kids are so jealous of the snow you guys are getting. I wasn't - until I saw these pictures! Isn't it amazing that you are able to make money at something you love! And how amazing that you had such a gift and you finally found it!