WOW...I can not believe I made it through photographing my very first wedding. I really felt honored that they considered me to be their photographer. The very first question I asked was when and where and what time...because I am a natural light photographer those questions are uber importante. She quickly said it would be an evening wedding(uh oh) and indoors(double uh oh). I don't do indoors or any photography after the sun sets. Mainly cause there is no light and I do not have the equipment(fast flashes and such) to accomidate that lighting condition. But I really felt that I supposed to move forward on this invitation and not to fear. So I gladly said yes and then proceeded to ask a really good friend to help me. Jessica was such a lifesaver. She loves photography and really has a great eye. I really could't have done this without her.
The night before the wedding Jess and I drove down to the Lena Pope chapel to test out our lack of lighting to see what we would be dealing with on the big night. We literally had to shoot in candlelight. And the bride and groom asked for little to no flash photography. I promised that I would put my fast prime lens(it lets in the most light) on the camera and shoot on the stage so no flash would be needed. But I did tell her that my 2nd shooter would have the zoom lens and would definitely be using flash. There was no way around it.
The night of the wedding went by so fast. I worked for 6 hrs non-stop and I made a mental note to wear comfortable shoes the next time I shoot a wedding. Jess and I made a game plan which really never worked cause what wedding plans ever really work right?! She got pictures of the groom and his party and I stayed right next to the bride. She would shoot from the back of the chapel while I would capture all the fun from the front. I really had to work through some anxiety with that post let me tell you. There was so much detail to capture and I didn't want to miss a thing. I kinda felt like I was spinning around that night in all different directions. I would take a picture of someone walking down the isle then spin around and get the mothers of the bride and groom lighting the unity candle. WOWSERS!! And I hadn't been to a wedding in years...and there was no photography allowed in my own personal wedding ceremony so it really was quite the adjustment for me. At times I really felt like I was in the way. I can not even begin to tell y'all everything I learned in those few hours. My photography jumped a leap or two higher again. The bestman was also a photographer and really shared a lot of good pointers with me. He loves lighting and really helped us figure some things out when it came to doing all the formal shots after the wedding. Jess had brought umbrella lighting so we could capture the entire wedding party since there was not time before the wedding (during the daylight). The reception was easy peasy cause it is all candids and we had flashes to get the lighting right. Lots of cake, toastings, celebrating, and dancing...so much fun and such a blessing to be a part of. Thanks Cheryl and Christian. God Bless you both and many blessings of happiness through the rest of your life.
(bridemaids dusting glitter on the bride)
(one of my most favorite moments of the whole night...praying over the bride...I got so emotional here)
(just a fun shot to capture)
(you may dip the bride)
(MR. & MRS. what a gorgeous and giddy bride)
(first dance and one of my fav pics)
So many more to share, but I didn't want to bore everyone...there are a lot more on my photography blog and facebook fan page if you are wanting to see them all.







4 comments:
These are awesome, you do good work!
I love the giddy bride one! What a great job!!
How fun was that!! I have done 2 and a reception! I learned so so so much after my last one, and made a list of what and what not to do! Especially what to do ahead of time and knowing where everyone is going to be even if they don't have a game plan( which they didn't and it was an out of town wedding)! It was amazing and your right the hours go by like minutes! I was 8 months pregnant when I did the last one, and boy oh boy i didn't feel it until I drove back home with swollen feet! lol. :) What an awesome experience, if you are ever in a bind, I would love to help you, so just keep it in mind! Awesome job on these pictures Amy!
Wow! How much fun was that?!? You did an amazing job at capturing the spirit of the wedding. I am so happy you found something you love so much. Miss you!
Post a Comment