"For you are...His treasured possession." Deut 7:6!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Roller Derby Daughter

All my daughter wanted for Christmas was a pair of roller skates. Her style may be a bit old school, but she wears it well.  Ever since Christmas our whole family has been freezin' their tooshes off to help her practice this new talent.  My hubby has even dusted off his old rollerblades to join in on the fun. 
I have to say mine are still dusty(due to the old sr yr injury..."please skate around the orange cones")!!
But good news...I take my camera with me anytime we go out so I can practice candid and artsy shots.









 







She really is getting the hang of it!!! 




4 comments:

Julie said...

Amy your photography has always great but OH MY it has really reached a new level on these new blog post. I hadn't checked your blog out in a while and I can see a big leap! Beautiful work, great post and your girl is growing up too. You can tell she has a huge love for life!

Crysta said...

Love the pictures Amy!! Grayce has been begging for skates lately. I am sure she will get some with one of her gift cards. Then...we too will be freezing our tush off! What a beautiful girl!

Meredith said...

Yay, how fun! It's been so long since I've been roller skating...takes me back a few years! Glad y'all had a fun Chrismtas...I miss you! We were sick for a few weeks and ALL I've been doing the last couple weeks is reading; it's a little pathetic actually! :) Love ya girl!

Team Russi said...

You take great pictures!

I think roller skating, old school style, is making a comeback. Good for your daughter, because it's great exercise and a lot of fun, too.

Happy new year to you and yours!

Jenny